Whether you’re catching up with friends or throwing a party this winter, our Spiced White Sangria recipe is a great way to get everyone into the festive spirit!
For one jug you’ll need the following:
SPICED SUGAR SYRUP
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise pods
2 inch slice fresh ginger
SPICED SANGRIA MIX
1 bottle white wine – juicy blend, we use Verdejo or unoaked Chardonnay
200ml Amontillado sherry
100ml cloudy apple juice
2 cored sliced apples
1/2 lemon sliced
2 peeled oranges cut into wedges
Follow these instructions for a perfectly spiced batch:
SUGAR SYRUP METHOD
– Gently heat the water and sugar.
– Add the spices and stir until sugar has dissolved.
– Remove from heat, leave to cool and strain.
– Into a large jug add the wine, stir in the sherry, gin and apple juice.
– Add the 1/4 cup of the sugar syrup. Add more if you’d like a sweeter taste. Or add more spices if you want extra spice.
– Add in the fresh fruit.
– Rest the mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight so the flavours can infuse.
– When just about to serve top up with ice and lemonade.
– Pour into a large ice filled wine glass
– Garnish with a slice of orange or lemon and cinnamon stick.
Want to mix it up? This white sangria recipe could easily be swapped for a classic spiced red wine sangria. Just swap the sherry for Spanish brandy and the white wine for red wine (tempranillo or syrah).